At 1st Response Electronics we value our customers and strive to provide the best service possible.
- There are never any hidden fees.
- Our full (affordable) service call fee will apply towards your repair.
- Most repairs can be performed on-site during the initial visit.
- We repair all types of televisions. LED / LCD / 4K / 3D TVs / DLP / Plasma / Smart TVs.
- Lighting damage? We can provide a written estimate, for your insurance company.
- Our #1 goal is to make your TV repair experience painless, financially and otherwise, before and after the repair.
- Convenient & flexible service calls.
- We have a no-hassle warranty policy.
- Need a second opinion? Did a competitor tell you your TV is not worth repairing? Call us!
- We repair all brands (Samsung, Sony, LG, Sharp, Vizio, Panasonic, Mitsuibishi, Toshiba and more).
Broken Lamp? Dark Picture? Does your TV shut down? We are your lamp replacement headquarters!
- Common Lamps Stocked: TS-CL110UAA, 915B403001, 915P043010, 915P061010, 260962, 265866, TY-LA1000, TY-LA1500, BP96-01073A, BP96-00224, BP96-01073A, BP96-01403A, BP96-01653A, BP96-01472A, XL-2400, XL-5200, Y66-LMP, Y67-LMP, TB25-LMP, UX2153 Comprehensive List
- A cooling system cleaning is recommended for your current lamp to ensure a long life, often your service fee will cover the cost of this service.
- We only stock quality lamps! Be aware of counterfeit lamps. Read more here.
Hooking up and configuring your home audio video system can be difficult. 1st Response Electronics can make it painless.
- Your remote control plays the key roll in simplifying your av system. Program Your Remote Control here!
- Often customers have a HDTV but are not utilizing it to its full potential. A HDMI cable must be used to get the maximum picture resolution possible. Digital audio must be utilized to get the best audio performance.
- At 1st Response Electronics our qualified technicians are able to get the best performance from your system.
- Learn about the different types of TV technologies. Here.
- A quality surge protector that is integrated into your AV system properly can prevent catastrophic damage. Learn More
1) When can I get a technician out to my home?
If you call before 1pm, usually the same day. We are open Monday - Friday: 9 AM to 6 PM, Saturday: 9 AM to 4 PM, Sunday: Closed.
2) How long does it take to repair my TV?
Our service vehicles are supplied with parts to repair common problems down to the component level. In these cases we can repair your TV on the initial service call. If a part needs to be ordered the technician will give you a ETA once we know the supplier.
3) How much will it cost to repair my TV?
We usually suggest that if the TV is 40" or larger it is worth the service call fee to diagnose the problem and provide you with an accurate estimate. On average 85% of our customer approve their repair.
4) Is my TV worth repairing?
This depends on many factors but ultimately it is your decision. Our technicians are not salesmen and will not persuade you in any direction. We will usually suggest you repair your TV if the repair cost is approx 1/3 or less then the replacement cost and if we believe that the TV has 5 or more years of life left.
5) My screen is cracked is it worth fixing?
Simply no. This is a very common question from our customers. Whether your TV was dropped or an object hit the screen, it takes a small force to crack a LCD panel. Once this happens the only way to repair it is to replace the LCD panel assembly. The cost to replace the LCD panel assembly adds up to be larger then the replacement cost. A typical 42" LCD screen can range from $600 to $1000 plus $100 - $200 for freight, plus labor to install panel (this also applies to plasma TVs).
6) Do you hang flat screen TVs on the wall?
Unfortunately we do not.
7) How do I prevent my TV from failing?
If you have a DLP or LCD rear projection the cooling system needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. I also recommend a surge protector. Other then that enjoy watching your TV.
8) What is the best TV to buy?
In general I recommend 2 things when looking to purchase a new TV. Buy a LED TV and by a name brand TV. This includes (in no order) Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, Vizio, Sharp. I suggest a LED TV over a plasma or a traditional LCD, due to it being more energy efficient and and reliable. Plasma TVs have a few benefits over LED/LCD TVs. The only pro for the traditional LCD TV is the price (compared to a LED television). I suggest purchasing non smart TVs. It ads complexity to the television and another possible failure point. A Roku box or Apple TV can be added to your system for $100 or less.
9) What areas do you service?
We provide in home TV repair for Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg areas. And the rest of Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.
10) How can I dispose of my TV?
For Pinellas County:
link for general information and the location
11) How to I prevent my TV from being damaged by lightning?
The 1st Response Electronics Difference
In addition to repairing your television, we will program your cable or satellite remote to work control your television, and your surround sound system (or sound bar). When we disconnect your television we label all connectors, so your system will operate the same as it did before we worked on it. If there are fragile items near your TV they will be moved to prevent damage. We will lay down pads before we work on your TV to protect it. If the input connections are changed to improve performance we will notate it on the paper work. When we re-install your TV on the wall we will confirm is it level. Upon completion of repair we will clean any fingerprints or marks on your TV. We will even clean the flux residue for the PCB board after we work on it and inspect our work with a magnify glass.
Looking for service in Jacksonville, FL. I recommend Ulises with Advance Electronic Tech, his website.